Tuesday, July 1, 2014

H2H Challenges: Scrapbooking Red & White Daisy

Today is not only the first of July but it is also the first day of our new Design Team at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!  These amazing ladies haven't even been introduced yet and they're already crafting up a storm!  Our monthly scrapbook challenge is posted on the first, and July's is Red and White Daisy with the option of Blue.  At first I struggled with what to make, but then I remember that I needed a title page layout for my Cranberry "friends" album.  Voila!
Everything that you see on this layout was cut with the CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge (on p. 78 & p. 79).  I remembered the BFF circle, so I found it and loved all the elements to make this page.  This is actually the right side layout featured on p. 79, but I did add the "friends forever" brackets from p. 78.  The Artbooking cartridge is so easy to use!  I decided on my color palette of Cranberry, Sky, and Whisper with a pop of Black and then cut away.
First I cut the two photo mats from Sky card stock.  (Do you see my two little arrow accents from the negatives?)  I added the Friends Forever brackets (cut from Whisper card stock), some Slate washi tape, and a Slate twist tie.
I used two of the stamp sets from the Artbooking collection to for all the stamped pieces.  I decided to use red shimmer trim behind the Whisper arrow border to make those arrows pop.  I added several red glitter gems to finish off the layout.
This corner also shows my faux stitching with a Sky marker.

Now to find a pair of friend pictures to finish this layout!  That shouldn't be too challenge.

BTW, I have been working on getting all my finished layouts into albums and here is my progress so far:
(Before: piles of layouts in the floor)
(Before: albums on the shelf)
NOW: the layouts on the floor still need to be sorted, but look how full that bookshelf is getting!
Be sure to visit the H2H blog for Red & White Daisy scrapbooking inspiration!  We hope you'll join us this month.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet layout, Haley! I love what you have done with the Artbooking cartridge. Excited to play along with you on H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress in getting layouts into albums! And this is another great layout that already has an album ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and funky layout! Love the inspiration for getting albums sorted too, I really must get on to that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails