Friday, August 15, 2014

CTMH Technique Blog Hop: All Lit Up

This month's Close To My Heart Technique Blog Hop is focusing on the "All Lit Up" technique found on p. 88 of the Annual Inspirations Idea book.  (If you're already hopping along, then you've arrived here from Melissa's blog.  You'll click on over to Tonya's blog next.)  This is a really easy technique: use glitter paper (or shimmer trim) on your project to make it "all lit up!"
 My card has both silver glitter paper and silver shimmer trim.  Did you know that your Cricut can cut our glitter paper?  It cuts like buttah!  You might need a little more pressure, but I haven't had any trouble cutting it.  (I did end up dedicating a cutting mat to glitter paper because it will shed a bit, leaving a little glitter shimmer behind in places.  I had a spare mat, so it was no big deal to me.)
My card uses the Perfect Paisley stamp set, stamped in Glacier, Slate, and Black.  I've paired it up with pieces from the Seaside and the Snowhaven paper packs.  I did a lot of "rock 'n roll" stamping to ink up my images and sentiment.  (I love doing this!)  No glittery project would be complete without a few sparkles to light it up.

Thanks for hopping by.  I'd love for you to leave me a comment before going to see how Tonya is All Lit Up!

4 comments:

  1. Love the different colors on the paisleys! Rolled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Melissa! I inked them up in Glacier and then rolled them in Slate then Black. I love rockin' and rollin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails