Sunday, September 14, 2014

40th Birthday Bash

We recently celebrated a few family birthdays with a low country boil at my sister's house.  One of the guests of honor was my brother to celebrate his big 40th birthday.  (How did my little brother get to be 40 already?!?  I don't even want to think of how old that makes me!)

(WARNING: If you're offended by "guy" humor, you may want to walk away now!)  I'll start with a few pictures of the birthday bash to give you a chance to leave.


My sister asked me to help her with the signage for his "beer cake," and we loved the way it turned out.


Finally, here's the "famous" card:
I have to thank my friend Lynn for the idea!  She found a card with this idea on Pinterest of course and then made the toilet paper roll for me as she made two for her.
The Chocolate wood grain was a leftover from a CTMH/Cricut Artbooking project that I didn't use.  I mounted it on a piece of Kraft card stock.  Since most outhouses seem to have a moon, I made one with a White Daisy circle that I then used my circle punch to cut a "bite."
I stamped the sentiment with the A Typeface alphabet.  I love the shadow effect you can make by stamping your letters twice in two different colors, slightly offset from each other.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that you've enjoyed my family's warped sense of humor.

2 comments:

  1. Great card, and I expect he loved it. I had seen pictures of the beer cake and suspected you might have been involved in the signage, even if it was just advice. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card was adorable, and very appreciated by your brother. Great job in the creation of all that cuteness...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails