Thursday, August 6, 2015

CTMH/Cricut Artistry Cartridge Blog Hop

Did you see that Close To My Heart and Cricut have unveiled a new exclusive cartridge collection, Artistry?!?  It joins the CTMH/Cricut family (Art Philosophy, Artiste, Artbooking, and Artfully Sent), and you are going to love what Artistry has to offer!  My favorite blog hop group has banded together again to show off some of what Artistry can do.  (If you're already hopping, then you should have arrived from Brenda's blog.  From here, you'll visit my Heart 2 Heart design team member Nikka next.)

This card was so much fun to make!!!  When I saw the typewriter pieces on p. 7, I grabbed my NEW Zoe paper pack, added some black card stock, and started cutting.  (Each piece of the typewriter is cut at 2.5".  Leave the real dial size OFF so that the pieces will work together in the correct proportions.  They are already sized to work together.)  I started with a Black card stock base, then Sorbet, then White Daisy, and finally a piece of Slate B&T.

The banner is another cut from Artistry (p. 34 @ 2.5") and uses one of the three Artistry stamp sets on the collection, Love Right Now.  For its Sweet Leaf polka dot mat, I used the back of the Slate B&T from the typewriter and repeated my banner cut @ 3".  I inked up the sentiment stamp in Sorbet ("you") and Black for the rest and then stamped onto the pennant.  I colored in the two words using Glacier and Sweet Leaf inks with my blending pen.

The glasses are another fun Artistry cut (p. 40)!  I set the dial at 0.5", and the border was just over 4.25" long.  Perfection for the card front!  I used my blending pen and Glacier ink to make the glasses look a little more realistic with a little "glare" on the lenses.

You probably have noticed the cool NEW Coral shimmer trim and Enamel Glitter Duos Green Triangles.  So fun!

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit all the stop on our Artistry hop to see the possibilities with this new cartridge and its coordinating stamp sets and to get lots of great ideas!  Visit NIKKA next!
Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.

12 comments:

  1. Love this card! What a cute typewriter. And all the little touches make it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love the cute little glasses border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The glasses border is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fun card! Love the sentiment on the banner! I need to pull out that stamp set this weekend and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card - love it weth the Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card!! I have got to go cut one of these adorable typewriters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!!! I really love it ...you do beautiful work...just love the glasses it really adds so much cuteness to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! I love how you put everything together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails