Thursday, September 17, 2015

September Stamp of the Month 3"x6" Card

If you've seen my stamping work, you probably know how much I love to add multiple colors to one solid stamp.  This inking and stamp rolling is such a great way to add dimension to your stamped images without any pesky fussy cutting or other complicated techniques.  (One word of caution, however: always work from the lightest color to the darkest!)  I am having so much fun with the gorgeous September stamp of the month, Paper Garden.

To create this card, I first cut a 2.5"x5.5" panel of White Daisy card stock.  I inked up my image in Canary, Glacier, Sweet Leaf, and Sunset (in that order) and then stamped it onto the card stock panel.  I then inked up the little flower stalk with Canary and Sweet Leaf and also Glacier and Sweet Leaf, stamping it several times across the bottom at varying levels or heights.  (Be sure to clean your stamp between each inking!)  I also stamped the small flower in Sorbet in first and second generation.  Finally, I embellished my card with Coral shimmer trim and my new Grey enamel gems (which have a sheet of white gems).

The main panel was mounted onto a piece of 2.75"x5.75" of Zoe Sorbet polka dot B&T and then mounted onto a side-fold Canary card base.  I am not sure if this card looks more like spring or more like fall, but I love it either way.  I hope you do too!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! I have a bunch of 3.5 x 5.5 envelopes so I have decided I need to get busy and make some small cards! See you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails