Monday, November 9, 2015

H2H Challenges: Trending Right Now

Today's Heart to Heart Challenge is "trending right now."  My card became something totally different than what I thought I would make, and that is fine with me!
First I wanted to pair the White Pines (Christmas) pack with Sangria (Fall) as suggested on the Make It From Your Heart blog.  I also wanted to use the trendy chevron pattern from Sangria.  As I flipped through my CTMH/Cricut Artistry cartridge booklet, I found the trendy deer heads that seem to be all the rage now, and a card was born.  I also cut the trendy sentiment feather from the same cartridge (but it is stamped with the Artfully Sent sentiments set).
At this angle, the bronze shimmer trim and (retired) Fundamentals Basic paper really shines.  The NEW Fundamentals paper has different embossed patterns that you'll love.  I finished off the card by tying some Neutral Metallics baker's twine around the card front.

Be sure to check out all that's trending on the H2H blog, and join us this month!

4 comments:

  1. Wow...great combination for this very masculine card. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card turned out really cute and would work well for a guy. Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with good "masculine" cards. I know that chevrons are trendy, I'm just personally not crazy about them, but they do work well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley, your card is great! I love that you paired up the two different paper collections. Personally, I'm not sure what is so great about a deer head and antlers, but it really works on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card- it is perfect paired with that beautiful tree print White Pines paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails